[Asterisk-Users] Queue Prioritization

Jonathan Moore moorejon at usd465.com
Tue Nov 2 10:07:57 MST 2004

Below...

> Jonathan Moore wrote:
> > I have a client that uses two queues for a customer support application.
> One
> > queue is for english speaking customers. The other is for spanish.
> >
> Try this in queues.conf:
>
> [english]
> :
> :
> member => Agent/1000
> member => Agent/1001
> member => Agent/1002,5  ; this is the agent also on the spanish queue
>
> [spanish]
> :
> :
> member => Agent/1002
>

> I'm thinking that since agent #1002 has a penalty, * would select
> him/her last for calls in the english queue, leaving him free for the
> spanish queue.

Yes, I am aware of these settings, but unfortunately I know of no way to set a
penalty flag for a dynamic agent. They have to be dynamic, because they agents
log in and out to go on break, on/off shift and the command for adding them in
this manner doesn't have a priority argument. Additionally, I don't think it
will truly work, because it is really an inter-queue priority issue. The spanish
callers will still starve so long as asterisk is checking the English queue
before checking the spanish queue and if there is a high volume of english callers.

Visit Winfield Public Schools at http://usd465.com