[Asterisk-Users] Passing a PIN in SIP Parameters

Brian Wilkins brian at hcc.net
Mon Nov 1 09:35:07 MST 2004

Hi,
    We have a system that takes an e164 number and does a translation to
convert that e164 number to the PIN that is tied to a certain account. We
configure customer's devices to use those PINs so they don't ever have to use
a PIN. They just plug the device into the internet, and it works. My question
is this: If I pass the e164 number as a username, password or some other
field in the SIP parameters, can I retrieve it from a global variable in
extensions.conf ?

Heritage Communications Corporation
  Melbourne, FL     USA     32935
http://www.hcc.net