[Asterisk-Users] *** Asterisk Sunday News: Gone Fishing...

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sun May 30 12:34:27 MST 2004

Philipp von Klitzing wrote:

>>more stable/usable (eg, fewer bugs) then is Stable. As previously
>>stated, its time to lock down Head, fix the few remaining bugs, and
>>make "it" the well-overdue & historic v1.0 production release.
>

> Might indeed by the better approach. However, will this same problem
> occur over and over again, so that in the end we are effectively still at
> a single-stream asterisk code system?

It depends if we can find a group of developers that are willing to maintain
a release for a period of time, while the rest are exploring new frontiers.

I really think there needs to be a release-team that manages the code and
inserts bug fixes so we can not only release a stable, but keep that
release stable for a while and only add security/stability fixes.

/O