[Asterisk-Users] dialing multiple extensions

Tracy R Reed treed at copilotconsulting.com
Fri May 28 23:59:42 MST 2004

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 05:53:55PM -0500, Roger spake thusly:
> Thanks for the reply - I have version cell phone service.  I did a work
> around and called my cell phone via IAX2 as opposed to the zaptel
> channels.  This works and all 3 extensions ring w/ no problem.

I am having the exact same problem. I am trying to simultaneously ring my
SIP phone on my desk and my cell via a Zap interface connected to my PRI.
The phone dialed with the Zap interface rings and the SIP phone never
rings even though on the console it says both are being dialed.  I
considered what the previous poster said about the cell phone company
picking up before ringing my cell phone and as a test tried calling my
home phone on a POTS line. That phone always rang and the SIP didn't. So
it seems that the call made through the Zap interface will always go
through and nothing else will. I have considered turning callprogress=yes
in my zapata.conf file but the explanation of that option in the example
file makes me hesitant to use it. Plus it mentioned using it only with FXS
analog lines. I'm on a PRI so I have real digital signalling. If you were
able to use an IAX channel to some other provider who is surely just
connected to another PRI and it worked just fine then it sounds like
perhaps this is a bug or at least a mis-feature because the intermediate
Asterisk box is then shielding you from the apparent answer on the PRI
without passing the answer signal back to you until the phone is really
answered. How there could be two such apparent "answers" is beyond me
though.

--
Tracy Reed                     The attachment is a digital signature.
http://copilotconsulting.com   More info: http://copilotconsulting.com/sig