[Asterisk-Users] dialing multiple extensions

Roger grunky at rockriver.net
Tue May 25 15:53:55 MST 2004

John Fraizer wrote:

> It looks like your cellphone carrier is actually "answering" the call
> before they ring your phone.  In their switch, they probably have the
> equiv of:
>
> exten => your.cellphone.number,1,Answer()
> exten => your.cellphone.number,2,Ringing
> exten => your.cellphone.number,3,Dial(CELL/${EXTEN},20)
> exten => your.cellphone.number,4,Voicemail(u${EXTEN})
> exten => your.cellphone.number,104,Voicemail(b${EXTEN})
>
> This is actually a serious no-no for them to be doing though.  If that
> is in fact what they are doing, anyone who dials long distance to your
> cellphone will be paying to hear it ring, even if they hang up before
> you answer or your voicemail answers the phone.
>
> What they SHOULD be doing is more along these lines:
>
> exten => your.cellphone.number,1,Dial(CELL/${EXTEN},20)
> exten => your.cellphone.number,2,Voicemail(u${EXTEN})
> exten => your.cellphone.number,102,Voicemail(b${EXTEN})
>
> Good luck getting them to change this behavior though if they are
> actually giving answer indication right off the bat.

Thanks for the reply - I have version cell phone service.  I did a work
around and called my cell phone via IAX2 as opposed to the zaptel
channels.  This works and all 3 extensions ring w/ no problem.

--
Rock River Internet                          Roger Grunkemeyer
202 W. State St, 8th Floor                grunky at rockriver.net
Rockford, IL 61101                           815-968-9888 x102