[Asterisk-Users] Holding and call parking idiosyncrasies...

Michael George george at auroravideosys.com
Fri May 28 04:06:31 MST 2004

My turn to say "Doh!"  But I think I've figured out the way the parking
works.

It seems that when the the called station (an internal extension in my
case) does the parking, that station will ring again when the timer
expires.

However, it seems that when the callING station does the park and the
timer expires, the parked call will go to s,1 of its default context
(in my case, using just digium cards, that default context is the one
defined for the interface in zapata.conf).

I think that I, at one point, also misunderstood the error message and
created a context called [default] (which I did not previously have)
and that seemed to be a fallover context.  But that was a quick test
before I went to another task for a while.

About 2 hours later I came back to it and figured out what I have in
the "However" paragraph above.

It would be nice if, in addition to "context => parkedcalls" (where the
calls are parked), one could define a context where the calls would go
when the timer expires.  And maybe if a variable would be available to
that resulting context which indicates which extension/interface parked
the call.

Or, maybe I'm way off base on how parking functions here and I'm
missing some functionality...