[Asterisk-Users] generate dial tone

Aaron J. Angel aaron at angel-family.com
Thu May 27 20:01:47 MST 2004

Michael George wrote:
> But, this isn't a big deal, we can live without it.  I just
> thought there might be a way.  If I could do a
> Backtround(Playtone()), that would do what I want...

There's no need for that.  The playtone application continues to the next
priority as it plays the tone, and keeps playing the tone until you call
stoptone[s?].  Playtone(dial) should be what you're looking for then, and at
the extension t (if you want a timeout), just call stoptone (or stoptones, I
don't remember).  Check out www.voip-info.org.