[Asterisk-Users] generate dial tone

Thu May 27 17:45:13 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-28 at 05:37, Michael George wrote:
> On May 27, 2004, at 2:01 PM, Rechenberg, Andrew wrote:
> > I believe it's the 'ingnorepat' option that you want.  Look at the
> > stock
> > extensions.conf and search for ignorepat.
>
> I've tried ignorepat => 9, but that only seems to work within a
> context.  If my context does a Goto after a 9 (into a different
> context), then the ignorepat doesn't seem to have an effect.  And
> putting it in the resulting context doesn't have an effect, either,
> because the dialtone is already cancelled.

Thanks,
I've finally gotten my ignorepat 9 to work properly!

I had something like this where all my internal fxs phones are in
this context:
[inside]
ignorepat => 9
exten => 222,1,Goto,remote|s|1
exten => 333,1,Echo
exten => 444,1,Answer
exten => 444,2,MusicOnHold
exten => 680,1,Answer
exten => 680,2,MeetMe,4444
include => dialout
include => voicemail
include => desks
include => parkedcalls
include => parking
include => features

As you can see, there isn't really any extensions in this context
(well, except a couple of test ones).

Event though I had this:
[dialout]
ignorepat => 9
<etc>

So, what I learned is even though the context is included, it doesn't
really include it as if it was within the same context.

Anyway, this message is mostly for the archives in the hope that someone,
someday, will read it and go DoH! like I did....

Regards,
Adam