[Asterisk-Users] newbie needs help with kphone

ng kar fei karfei_asterisk at yahoo.com
Thu May 27 18:14:20 MST 2004

Mike Stupak <mstupak at comcast.net> wrote:I seem to have gotten asterisk installed and running w/ the sample configs,
I have a TDM-400P (w/ 4 FXO modules). Im using fedora FC2.

As part of testing/learning I set up Kphone on the same box. Tweeked the
sip.conf (per instructions on wicki), and it looks like it connected just
fine. However, when I try dialing 1000 I get the following error message:

"Close any program which might be using soundcard and then retry dial".

/dev/dsp exists, so does /dev/sound. I think the soundcard is properly
configured (it works w/ other audio programs). I'm running asterisk and
kphone as root.

"Thanks" to all the pros out there willing to help us newbies.

-mike

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit:
To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit:

Have you installed oss(open sound system) driver?...if so, then you have to type

# rmmod emu10k1 to disable the old sound driver....try this

p/s: correct me if im wrong :)