[Asterisk-Users] newbie needs help with kphone

Mike Stupak mstupak at comcast.net
Thu May 27 18:09:49 MST 2004

I seem to have gotten asterisk installed and running w/ the sample configs,
I have a TDM-400P (w/ 4 FXO modules).  Im using fedora FC2.

As part of testing/learning I set up Kphone on the same box.  Tweeked the
sip.conf (per instructions on wicki), and it looks like it connected just
fine.  However, when I try dialing 1000 I get the following error message:

"Close any program which might be using soundcard and then retry dial".

/dev/dsp exists, so does /dev/sound.  I think the soundcard is properly
configured (it works w/ other audio programs).  I'm running asterisk and
kphone as root.

"Thanks" to all the pros out there willing to help us newbies.

  -mike