[Asterisk-Users] CAPI / Channels

Julian Pawlowski lists at jp-solution.net
Thu May 27 06:29:22 MST 2004

Hi Wolfgang,

I think everything is just fine because * says you that it has found 2
CAPI devices. (you can strip isdnmode=ptmp from your capi.conf anyway).

I didn't understand what you where exactly doing. I think you have one
of these cards connected to your providers PTMP line and the other one
connected to your internal S0 bus with your phone.

If that's the case, you have to know that you have to use one ISDN card
that supports NT mode (to emulate an NTBA) so that you can connect your
phone directly to it. This can be cards with HFC chipset, unfortunately
normal AVM Fritz cards do not support this mode. I list of cheap cards
can be found here:

http://isdn.jolly.de/cards.html

You have also to cross over the senders and receivers channels. A good
describtion for it can be found here:

http://home.foni.net/~jolly2/download/PBX4Linux-2.3.html
(only for the hardware installation)

To bring the internal S0 bus on the road you have to use bri-stuff from
Klaus-Peter Junghanns. For the external CAPI device you also have to use
his chan_capi. Both can be found here:

http://www.junghanns.net/asterisk/

Regards,

Julian Pawlowski