[Asterisk-Users] Caller ID with BT CD50

Tim Robinson timweb at txrx.org.uk
Wed May 26 00:38:15 MST 2004

Tony -
This sounds great.  Are you monitoring the line constantly for the
inbound caller ID or are you somehow detecting the polarity reversal?

Look forward to trying out your solution!  I think you will have a lot
of happy bunnies here in Blighty, as the current lack of caller ID on
our BT lines is the thing that makes Asterisk less viable for most home
users....

If it works and is stable, will you disclaim your code so that it will
get merged into the main CVS?  There should probably be a couple of
settings in zapata.conf for the caller id coding scheme to be used for
each card

calleridtones = (V23, Bell or DTMF)
calleridarrives = (afterring, afterrev, etc)

since a lot of people here in UK have a line from BT and a cable co
line, where the cable co either uses Bellcore after 1st ring, or V23
after 1st ring. So you need to be able to chose the method for each
line. What a mess, eh?

Rgds
Tim