[Asterisk-Users] Caller ID with BT CD50

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue May 25 13:43:57 MST 2004

Amaury Jacquot wrote:
> Tony Hoyle wrote:
>
>> Guess what... BT actually charge a monthly rental fee (£1.50 or ~$2.40
>> per month) for providing this information.  Gotta love state
>> monopolies hmm? Hope they don't take too long provisioning it...
>

> heh, they'll probably mess up some other setting on that line, or mess
> up your neibor's line in the process...

It actually came online at midnight of all things... a batch job I expect
(totally automated system... so I'm even more annoyed they charge for it!)

Anyway, the caller ID patch is finished and works really well - it was easier
than I thought... once you've decoded the V23 data the packet format is the
same as the US Bell system.  I've got some more testing to do to make sure it
doesn't cause asterisk (or the kernel) to explode then I'll stick it on my
website for general consumption/laughter/criticism

Tony

--
Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org>  Key ID: 104D/4F4B6917 2003-09-13
Fingerprint: 063C AFB4 3026 F724 0AA2  02B8 E547 470E 4F4B 6917