[Asterisk-Users] Caller ID with BT CD50

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed May 26 05:09:23 MST 2004

Tim Robinson wrote:

> Tony -
> This sounds great.  Are you monitoring the line constantly for the
> inbound caller ID or are you somehow detecting the polarity reversal?

I keep rolling buffer of the last couple of seconds of the incoming
audio, so when the ring is detected the chan_zap driver can grab this
and feed it to the callerid processing routines.

> If it works and is stable, will you disclaim your code so that it will
> get merged into the main CVS?  There should probably be a couple of
> settings in zapata.conf for the caller id coding scheme to be used for
> each card

If it's necessary to assign copyright to digium then there's no problem
doing that.

At the moment there's a rather lame 'ukcallerid=yes' command... it needs
something better certainly but there's plenty of time to get that stuff
right.

The current patches are at http://www.nodomain.org/asterisk/

> since a lot of people here in UK have a line from BT and a cable co
> line, where the cable co either uses Bellcore after 1st ring, or V23
> after 1st ring. So you need to be able to chose the method for each
> line. What a mess, eh?

Ugh. V23 after first ring...  It also matters of course if the cable co.
has changed the wire data format - you might be able to grab the data
but then not be able to make any sense of it..

Tony

--
All your code belongs to Santa

Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org>  Key ID: 104D/4F4B6917 2003-09-13
Fingerprint: 063C AFB4 3026 F724 0AA2  02B8 E547 470E 4F4B 6917
Phone(FWD): (0845 004 5566) 413300