[Asterisk-Users] e164.org

Duane digium at aus-biz.com
Sun May 23 04:27:32 MST 2004

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> That helps (at least until VOIP calls start being charged by the
> minute).  Maybe someone needs to implement a switch/case statement in
> extensions.conf for this kind of stuff at some point.

Already exists, the examples on the website if a TEL field is hit they
just drop out and dial the PSTN number that was fed into it in the first
place and not the number returned from DNS...

> If you could pass it a list of preferred/available protocols it'd be
> nice - eg. I don't support h323 (haven't got it to compile yet) and
> prefer SIP over IAX2 because of other problems (choppy sound).

Beauty of DNS is you can pull all records into the client app and sort
it out yourself, the DNS records can be given preferences over each
other, but it's up to the client to follow the RFC or make their own
rules up on how to handle things... The code we're planning to implement
will be as RFC compliant as much as we can possibly make it, although I
pondered before about giving IAX preference from within asterisk as a
config option...

--
Best regards,
  Duane