[Asterisk-Users] e164.org

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sun May 23 04:13:14 MST 2004

Duane wrote:
> If there is an IAX2 or SIP or H323 NAPTR record in DNS, this increments
> the dial plan by +1, if it's a TEL (i.e. the talking clock in china) it
> increments by +51, and increments by +101 if it fails, so unless you
> tell it to dial the number at +51 it won't use any TEL fields from DNS
> so this can't happen unless you specificly allow it to.

That helps (at least until VOIP calls start being charged by the
minute).  Maybe someone needs to implement a switch/case statement in
extensions.conf for this kind of stuff at some point.

> Flip side is we're trying to do an app_dialenum to actually better
> implement enum lookups and dialling, if it hits a tel field the plan is
> to get it to read out the number and prompt the user to press 1 to skip
> and try another record or fail to pstn, or press 2 to use the tel number.

If you could pass it a list of preferred/available protocols it'd be
nice - eg. I don't support h323 (haven't got it to compile yet) and
prefer SIP over IAX2 because of other problems (choppy sound).

Tony