[Asterisk-Users] Problems using Adtran 750 FXO and TE405P

Patrick J. Conroy conroyp at contexttech.com
Sat May 22 19:40:25 MST 2004

Hello,

I am trying to get an Adtran 750 w/ 1 Quad FXO and 1 Quad FXS to work with a
TE405P and I am having a few problems.  I have the FXO on channels 1-4 and
the FXS on channels 5-8.  I have a single analog phone set connected to the
first port on the FXS (channel 5) and an analog line connected to the first
port of the FXO (channel 1).  The FXS sees to be working fine.  I can call
the demo server and back and forth with SIP phones, but I cannot get
anything to connect out to the CO line.

I added these lines to zaptel.conf:
span=1,0,0,esf,b8zs
fxsks=1-4
fxols=5-8
unused=9-24

I added these lines to zapata.conf:
context=local
group=1
signalling=fxs_ks
channel=>1-4

context=local
group=2
signalling=fxo_ls
channel=>5-8

I have also tried configuring channels 1-4 as fxsls and fxsgs, but nothing
seems to work.  BTW, the Adtran is brand new and according to the document
the FXO ports are automatically provisioned as FXO loop start.  I have
attempted to connect to the admin port to verify the provisioning, but after
getting no response after 8 minutes, I decided to trust the documentation.

Thanks,
Patrick