[Asterisk-Users] Caller ID with BT CD50

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sat May 22 15:54:38 MST 2004

Karl Dyson wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Having searched the archives, I can see there has been much discussion
> at various points regarding capture of caller id information from good
> old BT.
>
> If I understand correctly, it seems that not only do the drivers not
> currently support it, but my X101P possibly/probably can't do it anyway
> due to hardware?

 From the details on http://www.ainslie.org.uk/callerid/cli_faq.htm it sounds
like it wouldn't be too hard to implement, however:

"The only manufacturers that have ever supported BT Caller ID are Pace, Hayes
(Europe), and 3Com/US Robotics."

It then goes on to state all 3 of those manufactures no longer support it.

I wonder if the low cost geographic VOIP numbers support it?

Tony

--
Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org>  Key ID: 104D/4F4B6917 2003-09-13
Fingerprint: 063C AFB4 3026 F724 0AA2  02B8 E547 470E 4F4B 6917