[Asterisk-Users] Caller ID with BT CD50

Karl Dyson kd at junesta.com
Sat May 22 15:24:35 MST 2004

Hi All,

Having searched the archives, I can see there has been much discussion
at various points regarding capture of caller id information from good
old BT.

If I understand correctly, it seems that not only do the drivers not
currently support it, but my X101P possibly/probably can't do it anyway
due to hardware?
So, that leaves me with the modem route, which seems more and more
unlikely, due to the seeming difficulties finding a modem that will
*definitely* do it, or the CD50 mod.
Which brings me to my question (finally).... Has anyone done this [the
CD50] mod? It seems the CD50 can be found for a few quid, and I'm not
afraid of my soldering iron...
I just wondered how people in the UK were capturing callerid..... there
is so much more you can get asterisk to do if you have access to
callerid info.....

By the way..... much as I'd like to do this by switching to ISDN, and be
done with it, this server is at my home for me to play with, and ISDN is
*not* cheap.... in fact it would roughly double my quarterly phone
bill..... other than the price, ISDN would be my solution of choice!

Thanks in advance,

Karl

http://www.star.net.uk