[Asterisk-Users] ast_rtp_read: Unknown RTP codec 72 received

Jean-Francois Dubé jfdube at sympatico.ca
Sat May 22 15:38:14 MST 2004

Hi,

i'd like to know more about this issue, i'm always getting this message while in call with anyone from sip to  zap or zap to sip.
 ast_rtp_read: Unknown RTP codec 72 received

here is my current setup:
client side, x-lite, with the transmit silence to yes, using ulaw,alaw

on asterisk server side:
sip.conf contain allow=ulaw and allow=alaw
dtmfmode=inband

So i always get this anoying notice and i cannot find any doc about fixing it. I have try to put rfc2833 or info for dtmfmode, still giving this result. Plus for the one on the zap side (using a regular phone) , he is hearing me like crystal. Me, using a sip x-lite phone software, i am always hearing parasite.

Thank in advance, i would really appreciate some help about this issue. Here is my email for the one who know some of the answer : jfdube at sympatico.ca

Sincerely
JF