[Asterisk-Users] app_queue and app_groupcount

Julien Levi jules at jlevi.co.uk
Sat May 22 15:43:28 MST 2004

The new app_groupcount looks great for most applications but it a is a
step back for call queueing...

since app_queue calls physical interfaces and not extensions,
app_groupcont can't be used to limit the calls passed to a dynamically
added agent.

I presently use the broken sip incominglimit feature (even though it's
less than ideal as it also limits outgoing calls preventing consultative
transfer using sip refer commands)

I could start to use the agents app with agentcallbacklogin to (almost)
emulate the current behaviour and use app_groupcount - I can automate
the login using agentcallback login, but not the logoff, it prompts for
an extension to forward to requireing # to pressed to log off - is there
any way round this?

I'd prefer to keep the simplicity of simply dialing one number to log on
in or out of the queue from any phone, without having to define
agentids, passwords, etc which we don't need.

I hope incominglimit and outgoing limit aren't going to be removed
entirely...

--
Julien