[Asterisk-Users] Dynamic SIP.CONF

Brian Cuthie brian at systemix.com
Sat May 22 10:00:35 MST 2004

So I've been kind of struggling with the notion of making my Asterisk
implementations dynamic, too. While I'd like to make everything directly
database driven, I'm not sure Asterisk is quite there yet.

I've been thinking of writing something that creates appropriate
configuration files from the database on a periodic basis, and then does
an Asterisk reload. This would introduce a small delay into
configuration changes, but it does have other benefits such as
decoupling the design of the database from Asterisk.

Any thoughts?

-brian