[Asterisk-Users] Dynamic SIP.CONF

Fran Boon flavour at partyvibe.com
Sat May 22 09:39:48 MST 2004

Darren Nay wrote:
> We are looking to expand our usage of Asterisk and I am trying to make as
> much of the configuration dynamic as I possibly can.  The only part that I'm
> having problems with is sip.conf.  I can get asterisk to register each
> extension with our local SER SIP proxy dynamically by using the
> "sipfriends" table in the database, but I'm having trouble with the message
> waiting indicators (ie. SIP NOTIFY packets when a new voicemail is waiting).
-SNIP-
> Is there a way to make this dynamic so that I don't have to add this into
> sip.conf -every- single time that I add a new extension?

Only by extending the functionality of sip friends to include this extra
field...

I wouldn't bother doing this as ast_data (formally res_data) is being
developed to replace sip/iax friends.
If you want to take a sneak preview at this then see:
http://svn.asteriskdocs.org/res_data/ast_data/

> I tried the following, but it didn't work ..
> [default]
> type=peer
> host=dynamic
> dtmfmode=inband
> username=${EXTEN}
> Mailbox=${EXTEN}
> Am I on the right track, or way off base? :-)

Way off base ;)
That kind of syntax only works in extensions.conf