[Asterisk-Users] Dynamic SIP.CONF

Darren Nay dnay at IONOSPHERE.net
Sat May 22 07:36:02 MST 2004

Hey All,

We are looking to expand our usage of Asterisk and I am trying to make as
much of the configuration dynamic as I possibly can.  The only part that I'm
having problems with is sip.conf.  I can get asterisk to register each
extension with our local SER SIP proxy dynamically by using the
"sipfriends" table in the database, but I'm having trouble with the message
waiting indicators (ie. SIP NOTIFY packets when a new voicemail is waiting).

Here is what I have had to do up till now (or similar) in order to make the
sip notify packets for message waiting work:

[Test_Ext1]

type=peer

host=dynamic

dtmfmode=inband

username=18666783123

defaultip=123.123.123.1

Mailbox=18666783123

Is there a way to make this dynamic so that I don't have to add this into
sip.conf -every- single time that I add a new extension?

I tried the following, but it didn't work ..

[default]

type=peer

host=dynamic

dtmfmode=inband

username=${EXTEN}

Mailbox=${EXTEN}

defaultip=123.123.123.1

Am I on the right track, or way off base? :-)  Any help that you could
provide would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,

Darren Nay

Ionosphere, Inc.