[Asterisk-Users] CallCenter setup

Julien Levi jules at jlevi.co.uk
Thu May 20 12:18:39 MST 2004

Maciek Kaminski wrote:
> Hi,
> I am investigating possibility of using asterisk as an call center
> controller, i.e. Clients phone in, interact with IVR, if IVR is not
> enough get redirected to human consultant. There should be possibility
> for supervisors to connect to ongoing conversation. Expected traffic
> will not exceed 30 concurrent calls.
>
> Asterisk box should be connected to Siemens "communication platform"
> HiPath 3750 that controls whole telephony system. This Siemens has ISDN
> and VOIP(H323 as I have been told) interfaces.
>
> Now my problem is which interface to choose? Will voip be good enough?
> Wont it introduce to much latency? Or should I insist on buying ISDN
> interface for asterisk box? What hardware would You recommend for this
> setup?

VOIP will always give more latency than than an isdn interface. However
we have an entirely voip based system (for internal calls) and the
latency isn't noticeable.

> Another question: anyone has successfully deployed call center solution
> using soft phones? If yes, with which soft phones?

Our (very small, 3 agents) call centre uses all softphones. We currently
use x-lite but are looking at iaxcomm to intergrate the phone with the
CRM software.

I'm happy with the setup but have been having some intermittent faults
with incoming calls recently that I believe may be a problem with the
quadbri card we use.

Hope this helps - anyone out there with a larger setup willing to comment?

regards,

Julien