[Asterisk-Users] CallCenter setup

Maciek Kaminski maciejka at tiger.com.pl
Wed May 19 16:48:27 MST 2004

Hi,
I am investigating possibility of using asterisk as an call center
controller, i.e. Clients phone in, interact with IVR, if IVR is not
enough get redirected to human consultant. There should be possibility
for supervisors to connect to ongoing conversation. Expected traffic
will not exceed 30 concurrent calls.

Asterisk box should be connected to Siemens "communication platform"
HiPath 3750 that controls whole telephony system. This Siemens has ISDN
and VOIP(H323 as I have been told) interfaces.

Now my problem is which interface to choose? Will voip be good enough?
Wont it introduce to much latency? Or should I insist on buying ISDN
interface for asterisk box? What hardware would You recommend for this
setup?

Another question: anyone has successfully deployed call center solution
using soft phones? If yes, with which soft phones?

Maciek Kaminski