[Asterisk-Users] CallCenter setup

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Fri May 21 02:24:04 MST 2004

Hi!

> > enough get redirected to human consultant. There should be possibility
> > for supervisors to connect to ongoing conversation. Expected traffic
> > will not exceed 30 concurrent calls.

Look at "ZapBarge" for the listening-in. As usual the Wiki is your
friend. Also I assume you'll want to look at this:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Astguiclient

By the way: If you can do give Asterisk a life of its own with an E1 ISDN
card and do not put it behind the Siemens HiPath, that'll make things
easier. That would permit you to avoid the rather evil H.323 protocol ...

> > Now my problem is which interface to choose? Will voip be good enough?
> > Wont it introduce to much latency? Or should I insist on buying ISDN
> > interface for asterisk box? What hardware would You recommend for this
> > setup?

Before ordering any equipment you should first of all test the H.323
setup/connectivity between HiPath and Asterisk.

Cheers, Philipp