[Asterisk-Users] AArgh, * and the 7960

Brian Cuthie brian at systemix.com
Wed May 19 08:12:13 MST 2004

brian wrote:

>>You're missing the point, Brian. Those comments were in response to your
>>statement that essentially said there isn't a problem because your system
>>is working fine. And based on your comment, your primary (only?) iax link
>>is to Nufone.
>>

>No I'm getting it loud and clear. You have some IAX providers that do not
>want to take care of customers when the software they use to provide service
>to their customers needs an update they refuse or fail to upgrade.  Not our
>problem if they choose not to.  If they update to cvs-head the problem will
>go away and its backwards compatible with cvs-stable.   You can continue to
>hack rtp.c or ask your providers to upgrade.  If they refuse to take care of
>you then I would consider getting service elsewhere.

Yeah, right. And just how often should my service provider update their
Asterisk installation? Daily? Weekly? Frankly, given that there's not
even a 1.0 release of Asterisk I'm amazed any service providers are
using it.

Asterisk is currently a rapidly moving target, as this very issue
demonstrates. Once a 1.0 or 1.1 is released you can bet everyone will
upgrade. Until then, all of us should probably keep our expectations in
check.

-brian