[Asterisk-Users] * and Cisco routers

lists lists at efastfunding.com
Tue May 18 17:45:16 MST 2004

I am completely new to * ( I know read the archives but this is a little
different case)
I am trying to setup a Sip system out side my security firewalls for home
users.  I currently run a Cisco avvid solution internally but it's highly
firwalled. I am planning on building a pri out of my 3745 cisco router and
pluging it in to a 3810 which is on the outside setup with sip and running a
* server to server the call on the outside to 7940 phones with the sip load.
I don't care about VM that much other then to pass is back to my unity box
over the very short PRI channel.  I know this sounds really strange but I am
not about to let my cisco CCM's even touch the net to make remote phones
work and static vpning hardphones is getting a bit pricey at 550 a pop for
pix boxes plus power supplys.

I don't have a big problem with different ext as this would mainly be for
out bound calls and my users can fwd there desk phone's DID to a ext that
goes to there house.  Basically this is a way for me to use up my 50-60 odd
7940 that I have in storage and to allow my sales teams to work from home on
the companies bulk phone plan.

Any ideas or comments would be great.

Doug Block
Chief Information Officer of Efast Funding
713-983-4055 (Direct)
888-338-3863 x 4055 (Toll Free)
713-983-4555 (Direct Fax)
832-483-4495 (Cell)