[Asterisk-Users] Scalable IVR

Juan J. Sierralta P. juanjo at linacom.com
Sat May 15 09:11:34 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 13:58, Scott Stingel wrote:

> I suggest:
> * Use 1 processor (example: 2.8Ghz P4) for every 4 E1's (example:  one
> TE405P card) when you have that much call setup traffic.

Scott,

	On my own testing I could get 200 simultaneous calls on a Xeon 2.4
using SIPP, each call was 10sec so the box had 20 incomming cps,
obviously this was using SIP not Zap. Since I don't have another Xeon to
put on my box how do MP scale ? I believe that I cannot get 400 calls
for 2 Xeon but maybe 350.
	I have read on this lists that even on a Xeon the TE410P starts to drop
calls when reaching 90 lines so the fourth port is almost useless for a
UP machine.

> * Try to do as much as possible using the dialplan (extensions.conf). AGI
> scripts are very powerful but cost you in performance when you're running
> large numbers of lines.
>
> * For the processor to use, see the Wiki for suggestions.  I've used P4 and
> Xeon based Tyan and Intel motherboards with success.

TIA