[Asterisk-Users] Scalable IVR

Scott Stingel scott at evtmedia.com
Sat May 15 09:39:38 MST 2004

>>On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 13:58, Scott Stingel wrote:
>> I suggest:
>> * Use 1 processor (example: 2.8Ghz P4) for every 4 E1's (example:  one
>> TE405P card) when you have that much call setup traffic.

>Scott,
>On my own testing I could get 200 simultaneous calls on a Xeon 2.4 using
SIPP,
>each call was 10sec so the box had 20 incomming cps, obviously this was
using
>SIP not Zap. Since I don't have another Xeon to put on my box how do MP
scale?
>I believe that I cannot >get 400 calls for 2 Xeon but maybe 350.
>I have read on this lists that even on a Xeon the TE410P starts to drop
calls
>when reaching 90 lines so the fourth port is almost useless for a UP
machine.

Hi Juan-

I realised later that I should have said one "chassis" or "box" instead of
"processor" per 4 E1's.  I tried a dual-Xeon to see if I could handle two
TE410P's instead of one in a pure IVR (Zap) environment, but many calls were
dropped under full load.  So I've now decided just to put one TE410 or TE405
in a box as a maximum.

In a super-busy IVR, there is a lot of PRI handshake stuff going back and
forth, and so the short calls in my system are likely contributing to the
load. Anyway, it seems to keep up pretty well with the 120 channels, however
I'm not doing any trancoding.

Regards
Scott

Scott M. Stingel