[Asterisk-Users] Scalable IVR

Thomas Gallaway rescue at port11.net
Sat May 15 07:13:28 MST 2004

Digvijay Singh wrote:

>Hi,
>I am presently thinking of making just a demo application because i need to
>assemble it real quick....hooking up an analog phone line for an input
>channel...with a dial out feature as well..
>I think I would need an XP100 wildcard as FXO .not sure of what to use for
>FXS... Incidentally steven informed me that anything with a PCI bus even may
>be a P133 could do it...I am presently in india and trying hard to find a
>vendor... getting the stuff shipped might take upto 2 weeks ...with usual
>custom delays ..
>Suggestions are heartily appreciated ..
>thanks
>digvijay

Now if you need to get an demo application going and need it going quick
why dont you just install
asterisk on some box (maybe a P2-300+ suggestable cause compiling will
take ages on a P1-133) and
use all software until you get the hardware. Use a software phone (see
voip-info.org) so you can get
your demo coded. Then once you got the rest of the hardware you can hang
it onto the PSTN. This
will get you going for now. I guess you could just use some sort of SIP
provider to give you an dial
in phone line too.

-- Thomas