[Asterisk-Users] Large Scale Deployments

usmankhan usmankhan at iphonica.com
Fri May 14 04:25:48 MST 2004

Hi Everyone !

I have been using Asterisk for 2 to 3 months now. I have made peer to peer
calls using Asterisk both with H.323 and SIP. Now there is a requirement that
I have to setup asterisk in my office supporting upto a 1000 extensions (pstn
or IP endpoints). Now the question that I wanted to ask was that is it
possible to deploy Asterisk with so many extensions ? Has anyone ever used
Asterisk in such situations ? Are there an results available of Asterisk's
stress testing or stuff or any
expereiences related to that ?
I have come across emails suggesting to use a third party proxy, such as SER,
for large scale deployments. Does this mean that the embedded proxy does not
support large number of extensions?

I would be really greatful if anyone could help me in this regard.

Usman.