[Asterisk-Users] MeetMe with AGI scripts

Andy Powell andy at beagles-den.demon.co.uk
Thu May 13 15:48:10 MST 2004

On 13/05/2004 at 14:57 Paul Crick wrote:

>I've had a quick look through the mail list and wiki but haven't yet
>resorted to looking at the meetme source code.. I see references to a
>background agi script that can run if you're using Zap channels. Am I right
>in saying that that script runs for each channel in the conference? Or is
>it a one time deal, running when the conference is created?

I should point out that you don;t actually have to be *using* a ZAP channel for the background agi to
work.  The script starts when the first person enters, once the conference is over it;s upto the script
to realize this and exit (otherwise you'll end up with lots of processes laying about)

>The backgrounder behind my question is that I have an IVR app where the
>caller will dial in to the system and interact. At some point I'll want
>them
>to zero-out to a call center operator, but once that conversation is
>finished, return them back to the IVR system to complete their transaction.
>I'm thinking I have to use a meetme conference to do this (as I want the
>original inbound IVR call to continue after the operator conversation)?

Ok, here's my quick thoughts on this. When the caller calls, put them into
a conference with the background agi running. When they need to talk to
an operator, get them to press 0 (for example). When they do this, generate
a call file that rings an operator which when they answer puts them in the
same conference. When the operator is finished they just hang up. Use
MeetMeCount to determine if the operator has left

>A related question: What about letting 2 Zap channels talk online then
>continue with IVR, like in a chatline type application? I'm thinking I
>can't do this from within the AGI script spawned when the call arrives and have
>to use the manager interface to push calls around?

I think you can apply the same principle outlined above for this..

HTH

Andy