[Asterisk-Users] MeetMe with AGI scripts

Paul Crick web-asterisk-users at ivrl.com
Thu May 13 14:57:46 MST 2004

I've had a quick look through the mail list and wiki but haven't yet
resorted to looking at the meetme source code.. I see references to a
background agi script that can run if you're using Zap channels. Am I right
in saying that that script runs for each channel in the conference? Or is it
a one time deal, running when the conference is created?

The backgrounder behind my question is that I have an IVR app where the
caller will dial in to the system and interact. At some point I'll want them
to zero-out to a call center operator, but once that conversation is
finished, return them back to the IVR system to complete their transaction.
I'm thinking I have to use a meetme conference to do this (as I want the
original inbound IVR call to continue after the operator conversation)?

A related question: What about letting 2 Zap channels talk online then
continue with IVR, like in a chatline type application? I'm thinking I can't
do this from within the AGI script spawned when the call arrives and have to
use the manager interface to push calls around?

Thanks in advance
Paul