[Asterisk-Users] MeetMe with AGI scripts

Paul Crick web-asterisk-users at ivrl.com
Thu May 13 17:29:26 MST 2004

Quoting Andy Powell:
> I should point out that you don;t actually have to be
> *using* a ZAP channel for the background agi to work.
> The script starts when the first person enters, once
> the conference is over it;s upto the script to realize
> this and exit
Ah.. right.. this makes sense, I *think*.. so is the AGI script able to
interact with the caller? like respond to DTMFs and get files to play using
"stream file" etc? Is it like the AGI is another person in the conference?

If so, your comment about putting the caller in the conference immediately
then generating a call file for the zero out to operator part makes sense.
For the major part of the call, it's a conference with the caller and the
AGI script interacting.. then we zero out, monitor participant count, and
once that's reduced after the successful interaction with the operator, the
AGI call flow continues?

I'm not sure how that would work in a chat line type environment though?
Person A is in conference 1, talking to the AGI.. Person B is in conference
2 doing the same thing.. they now need to talk to each other.. Would I use
the manager interface to put person B in to person A's conference? Or just
exec the meetme app with the other person's room number? Person B's AGI
would need to do some monitoring to see if Person B hangs up? (or is it
covered by the Zap channel handler?)

What about DTMF detection in that case - I'd need to know who pressed the
key to exit the live chat session.. Doable?

Sorry for the million questions - I know what I want to do it, and how it
would work in a Dialogic environment (having done this all already) but I'm
still trying to get to grips with the way Asterisk works with resources,
channels etc. .

Thanks again
Paul