[Asterisk-Users] Multiple ISDN controllers & Capi

Martin List-Petersen martin+asterisk at list-petersen.net
Wed May 12 03:58:13 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-05-12 at 08:18, Andreas Frackowiak wrote:
> how can I set up multiple ISDN controllers with chan_capi, so
> that every controller has its own configuration (MSNs to
> listen etc...) ?
>
> I know I can configure "controllers=1,2" in chan_capi's  capi.conf
> but then the controllers have the identical configuration
> and context within asterisk.
>
> My setup: I have 2 BRI-controllers (in one AVM C2).
>
> 1. BRI: point-to-point, Number: 101-xxx (3 digit extension/DID)
>
> 2. BRI: point-to-multipoint
>    MSNs 12345,11111,65432 but Asterisk should only listen
>    to 12345 because there are other ISDN devices for the
>    other MSNs responsible.

Look in /etc/asterisk/capi.conf. You should have something like this there.

mode=immediate
isdnmode=ptp
msn=101
controller=1
context=default
callgroup=1
devices=2

msn=12345,11111,65432
incomingmsn=12345
controller=2
softdtmf=1
accountcode=
context=default
callgroup=2
devices=2

This is out of my head, but should work. You probably need to play a bit with the values. I unfortunatly don't have the gear
here to do a test setup.

Kind regards,
Martin List-Petersen
martin at list-petersen dot net