[Asterisk-Users] how to record all agent calls

brian k. west brian at bkw.org
Tue May 11 18:35:34 MST 2004

Only works in CVS-HEAD

bkw
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jeff Crews
  To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
  Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 4:57 PM
  Subject: [Asterisk-Users] how to record all agent calls

  I want to record incoming calls that are queued when the call is connected to an agent.

  I added the following lines to agents.conf before the list of agents:

  ; Enable recording calls addressed to agents. It's turned off by default.
  recordagentcalls=yes
  ;

  ;The format to be used to record the calls
  ;wav, gsm, wav49.

  ; By default its "wav".
  recordformat=gsm
  ;
  ; Insert into CDR userfield a name of the the created recording
  ; By default it's turned off.
  createlink=no
  ;
  ; The text to be added to the name of the recording. Allows forming a url link.
  ;urlprefix=http://host.domain/calls/
  ;
  ; The optional directory to save the conversations in. The default is
  ; /var/spool/asterisk/monitor
  ;savecallsin=/var/calls

  and added to the queues.conf file:

  ; monitor-format = gsm|wav|wav49
  monitor-format = gsm

  ...and then issued the reload command in the Asterisk CLI console.

  I even created the /var/log/asterisk/monitor directory because it did not exist.

  Is there something else that needs to happen to record calls between agents and callers so you can hear both sides of the conversation?

  Thanks in advance.

  ---
  Jeff Crews
  Eastern Oregon Net, Inc.
  La Grande Oregon
  Email jcrews at eoni.com
  Voice 541-963-2625 or 800-785-7873,  extension 11
  personal efax 503-907-6704, standard company fax 541-962-7818
  web http://home.eoni.com