[Asterisk-Users] Terrible TICKING sound

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue May 11 18:39:55 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 17:33, Jason A. Pattie wrote:

> Our problem ended up not being with Asterisk or Digium hardware.  It was
> the analog cordless phone.  We simply have to live with it.  What
> happens is whenever a connection is established and the phone is
> off-hook, an LED on the base lights up in a "blink blink ..... blink
> blink ..... etc." pattern.  Everytime the LED lights, a pulse is sent to
> the phone.  It's especially bad when both lines are in use, as the phone
> is a two-line capable device.  Then you've got double the pulsing.
>
> This may have nothing to do with your problem.  Just wanted to get it
> out there in case anyone else runs into it, too.

Sounds like your phone needs either a aux power source to power that
led, or possible a little modification to clip that LED.

I would make sure your cordless phone's power supply is within spec. If
it is, Maybe you might want to look into one of the other comments a
while back on the list about upping the power on the SLIC(?). You might
be able to provide enough power to the phone to not cause trouble when
it blinks the LED.