[Asterisk-Users] Re: Digits in a different language...

Fran Boon flavour at partyvibe.com
Thu May 6 10:20:31 MST 2004

Fran Boon wrote:
> Carlos Chavez wrote:
>>> http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0001097
>>> This bug has been fixed in current CVS HEAD (not by using the patch
>>> in this BugID, though).
>>      I updated from CVS as you suggested but somehow things are worse
>> now. Now ALL sounds are in english.  I checked my configuration files
>> and I have language=mx in my sip.conf and zapata.conf.
>> I noticed that  /etc/zaptel.conf
>> has a defaultzone=us, could this be affecting the new version of
>> Asterisk?  It was working before I upgraded.
> Sorry, 'mx' isn't yet supported - it will default to 'en'

Actually, looking at this again, 'mx' should still play digits from
'digits/mx' although the syntax followed would be the default 'en'
syntax. I tested this & all seems to work ok on my system.

What is your directory structure?
I think you must have another problem...

Anyway, I have put up a patch to the bugtracker which adds gender
supoport to saynumber() for 'es' syntax so that we can have 'la una' in
a future saytime().
Also in this patch is setting 'mx' language to use the 'es' syntax.

Please test if you get the chance:
http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0001566

Best Wishes,
Fran.