[Asterisk-Users] Re: Digits in a different language...

Fran Boon flavour at partyvibe.com
Thu May 6 07:54:08 MST 2004

Carlos Chavez wrote:
>>http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0001097
>>This bug has been fixed in current CVS HEAD (not by using the patch
>>in this BugID, though).
>>I remember having this bug before, but can confirm that all works
>>great now :)
>>If you want any other changes made to app_voicemail.c or say.c to
>>support Spanish better - e.g. Date/Time formats, then I am happy to
>>work on this - please feel free to make suggestions :)
>>I have an app_voicemail patch that hasn't yet been integrated here:
>>http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0001485
>>say.c has had recent updates to support Internationalisation, but
>>Spanish doesn't yet support gender, for instance. This is easy to
>>modify though :)
>      I updated from CVS as you suggested but somehow things are worse now.
> Now ALL sounds are in english.  I checked my configuration files and I have
> language=mx in my sip.conf and zapata.conf.  I noticed that /etc/zaptel.conf
> has a defaultzone=us, could this be affecting the new version of Asterisk?  It
> was working before I upgraded.

Sorry, 'mx' isn't yet supported - it will default to 'en'

What quick fix would you like?
'mx' going to 'es'
or
'mx' being a separate set of functions with the same syntax as 'es'

It is easy for me to knock-up a patch for either scenario & post it to
the Bugtracker.
If it works for you, it'll probably get added to CVS quickly at the
current rate...