[Asterisk-Users] Digits in a different language...

Fran Boon flavour at partyvibe.com
Wed May 5 13:29:09 MST 2004

Carlos Chavez wrote:
>      I am having trouble getting the Voicemail app to play some digits in a
> different language.  I have set up my country code as "mx" (Mexico) and all
> sounds start playing in spanish.  But when I go to the "2" option in voicemail
> I notice the following:
>     -- Playing 'vm-changeto' (language 'mx')
>     -- Playing 'vm-press' (language 'mx')
>     -- Playing 'digits/0' (language 'mx')
>     -- Playing 'vm-for' (language 'mx')
>     -- Playing 'vm-INBOX' (language 'mx')
>     -- Playing 'vm-messages' (language 'mx')
>     -- Playing 'digits/1' (language 'en')
>     -- Playing 'vm-for' (language 'mx')
>     -- Playing 'vm-Old' (language 'mx')
>     -- Playing 'vm-messages' (language 'mx')
>     -- Playing 'digits/2' (language 'en')
>     -- Playing 'vm-for' (language 'mx')
>     -- Playing 'vm-Work' (language 'mx')
>     -- Playing 'vm-messages' (language 'mx')
>     -- Playing 'digits/3' (language 'en')
>      As you can see the first digit plays in the default language, but all
> other digits play in english.  I have checked the sound files and they are
> named properly and I can play them in their original wav format.  Could this
> be a bug?

http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0001097
This bug has been fixed in current CVS HEAD (not by using the patch in
this BugID, though).

I remember having this bug before, but can confirm that all works great
now :)

If you want any other changes made to app_voicemail.c or say.c to
support Spanish better - e.g. Date/Time formats, then I am happy to work
on this - please feel free to make suggestions :)

I have an app_voicemail patch that hasn't yet been integrated here:
http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0001485

say.c has had recent updates to support Internationalisation, but
Spanish doesn't yet support gender, for instance. This is easy to modify
though :)