[Asterisk-Users] Digits in a different language...

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomab.com
Wed May 5 10:04:24 MST 2004

     I am having trouble getting the Voicemail app to play some digits in a
different language.  I have set up my country code as "mx" (Mexico) and all
sounds start playing in spanish.  But when I go to the "2" option in voicemail
I notice the following:

    -- Playing 'vm-changeto' (language 'mx')
    -- Playing 'vm-press' (language 'mx')
    -- Playing 'digits/0' (language 'mx')
    -- Playing 'vm-for' (language 'mx')
    -- Playing 'vm-INBOX' (language 'mx')
    -- Playing 'vm-messages' (language 'mx')
    -- Playing 'digits/1' (language 'en')
    -- Playing 'vm-for' (language 'mx')
    -- Playing 'vm-Old' (language 'mx')
    -- Playing 'vm-messages' (language 'mx')
    -- Playing 'digits/2' (language 'en')
    -- Playing 'vm-for' (language 'mx')
    -- Playing 'vm-Work' (language 'mx')
    -- Playing 'vm-messages' (language 'mx')
    -- Playing 'digits/3' (language 'en')

     As you can see the first digit plays in the default language, but all
other digits play in english.  I have checked the sound files and they are
named properly and I can play them in their original wav format.  Could this
be a bug?

--
Carlos Chavez
Computer Engineer, CCNA