Caller ID Re: [Asterisk-Users] Re: Support Digium

Gavin Hamill gdh at acentral.co.uk
Mon May 3 14:13:16 MST 2004

On Monday 03 May 2004 21:06, Jon Lawrence wrote:

> This means in order to to move to isdn I have to have a new line installed
> (£275) then pay £23 per month, so it's not quite as low as you make out.
> Still, if that's what I must do to get caller ID working then so be it.

For reference, BT ISDN2e (on the 'Low Start' plan) is £249 install and £33
monthly [1] inc. £2/mo for CallerID :)

But, wouldn't you rather use that cash fund one of the fine gentlemen amongst
our midst to take the UK CallerID case into consideration? I'm fairly skint
but would be happy to throw a few sovs into the pot.

Not only would this then stop people having to hack up old BT callerID boxes,
but enable X100P users all over the UK to get better use out of their kit.
Just think of the feeling of enormous well-being you'd receive ;)

There is also this [2] but it's more focused on the DTMF-based CLID system..

Cheers,
Gavin.

[1] http://www.bt.com/store/product/detail.jsp?oid=233620
[2] http://voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+bounty+non-Bellcore-CLID