Caller ID Re: [Asterisk-Users] Re: Support Digium

Gavin Hamill gdh at acentral.co.uk
Sun May 2 11:58:38 MST 2004

On Sunday 02 May 2004 19:33, Jon Lawrence wrote:

> I emailed sales at digium asking whether the new module supported
> international (ie non bellcore) cli. The answer was yes, but it's not yet
> implemented in the driver - driver implementation is in the pipeline
> apparently.
> Whether this means that the detection is in the hardware or not I don't
> know.

Uh huh - and as for those who have already 'Supported Digium' by buying their
hardware, will they get a free upgrade, or will we all be expected to
'Support Digium' again?

I feel the least they can do is devote a few of those "hours of support" the
X100P buys into adding CLID support for the UK 'nearly-Bellcore' variant, and
the DTMF-based ones.

So it needs to leave a 1200baud FSK modem running all the time - so what? It's
a software modem anyway, what noticable difference is another few hundred
lines of software going to make?

This is a technical forum, but it's increasingly difficult to resist the
temptation to bring the "$world = $usa" aspect in :(

Cheers,
Gavin.