[Asterisk-Users] setting up 7940

Roger grunky at rockriver.net
Wed Mar 31 09:20:25 MST 2004

Michael Welter wrote:

> You phone isn't getting to the tftp server or the tftp server doesn't
> have the required files.  Make sure your dhcp server is specifying the
> correct IP of the tftp server.  You can also check the phone's
> parameters to verify the tftp address.
>
> If that is ok then you need a file named SIP<mac address>.cnf in the
> /tftpboot directory.  Find the mac address on the sticker on the
> bottom of the phone ("000F...").  You'll also need SIPDefault.cnf and
> the other files.

Thanks for the suggestions - the phone is getting to the tftp server.  A
tcpdump on the tftpserver points that out.  I've got the files in the
right place - just not the correct info in those files..  :(

--
Rock River Internet                          Roger Grunkemeyer
202 W. State St, 8th Floor                grunky at rockriver.net
Rockford, IL 61101                                815-968-3888