[Asterisk-Users] SIP Message Extension support

Clif Jones ctjones at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 25 11:53:20 MST 2004

Hal,

This has been discussed before:
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2004-February/003052.html
Basically, a handler for the MESSAGE and INFO messages would have to be
written and they would have
to utilize Asterisk's registration data and then "proxy" these messages
instead of terminating them.  Right now,
Asterisk works as a SIP B2BUA so one call is actually 2 different call
legs with Asterisk being common to both.
The above messages must be relayed from one call let to another.  The
INFO is needed so you can get those nice
"Hal is typing..." messages at the bottom of your messenger window.