[Asterisk-Users] Long pause between background and voicemail

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Wed Mar 24 17:17:29 MST 2004

On Wednesday 24 March 2004 17:54, Dustin Knuttgen wrote:
> Greetings,
> I have our system setup so that when I am not available my message
> gives you the option to either press 1 for voicemail or 2 to
> forward to my cell. The problem is the long pause after the choice
> has been made and before the vm-intro starts playing.
>
> Is there any way to shorten the length of the pause?

You have another extension which begins with 1 in the same context.
Therefore, the DigitTimeout comes into play for Asterisk to decide
when the extension is finished.  You could certainly set that lower,
or you could choose not to have extensions that begin with 1 (or
stick this choice in its own context that does not include extensions
that begin with 1).

-Tilghman