[Asterisk-Users] Long pause between background and voicemail

Dustin Knuttgen dustin at automatedhorizons.net
Wed Mar 24 16:54:45 MST 2004

Greetings,
I have our system setup so that when I am not available my message gives
you the option to either press 1 for voicemail or 2 to forward to my
cell. The problem is the long pause after the choice has been made and
before the vm-intro starts playing. The only thing that comes up in the
debug that might apply is the following:

Channel.c:981 ast_settimeout: Scheduling timer at 160 sample intervals

Is there any way to shorten the length of the pause?

Thanks in advance.

Dustin Knutten