[Asterisk-Users] Ringback?

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Tue Mar 23 08:49:57 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 09:12, Jeremy Jones wrote:
> I just upgraded to the latest cvs (3/23/04 @ about 7:00am MST) and
> bumped into a little problem...
>
> Dialing in from the pstn to sip phones (x-lite softphone on winders and
> a grandstream handytone-286 ata), I hear the sip phone ring a few times,
> but hear nothing from the pstn side 'til the timeout.  Then the sip
> phone stops ringing and I hear ringback at the pstn side.

I'm having a similar problem with 0.7.2 but ONLY if I dial multiple
destinations at the same time.  Here is a copy of my extension section
that does NOT provide ringback no matter what I do.  In this example the
caller hears ringing while the Ringing() app is run, but it goes away
when the Dial() app is called, even with "r" on the dial application
line.  I don't know if chan_local is an issue or if it's dialing
multiple destinations at the same time.

exten => 3300,1,Answer
exten => 3300,2,Ringing
exten => 3300,3,Wait(1)
exten => 3300,4,Playback(/etc/asterisk/sounds/pls-wait-connect-call)
exten => 3300,5,Wait(1)
exten => 3300,6,Ringing
exten => 3300,7,Wait(1)
exten => 3300,8,Dial(Local/3400 at extensions&Zap/25,,r)
exten => 3300,9,Hangup

--
          Eric Wieling * BTEL Consulting * 504-899-1387 x2111
"In a related story, the IRS has recently ruled that the cost of Windows